Tuesday 11 September 2012

A quarter of those please!!!

Soooooo it's Tuesday!! why the hell isn't it at least Thursday???

It seems that my haphazzard blogging attempts has inspired at least one person to start blogging, that person being my 'big bro' Graham...... not really my big brother but as he explains in his blog we were genuinely asked in sixth form if we were related...... I think whoever it was must have been hungover from one of our many nights out in Stairways or such like.

Anyway go check out his blog HERE If you like it make sure you tell him it was me who sent you there, If not What's wrong with you????? ;-)

So what is todays random crap thats been drifting around my brain???? ......Sweets!! That's what!!

Following on from yesterdays toys blog I was thinking of the sweets we used to have as kids and if they are still around or different from years ago???

So the first are Pacers!


Spearmint chewy sweets that tasted like off toothpaste! My mum always bought me these and although they tasted like cack They were still consumed!!  I don't think they are about anymore thank god!

Wham bars!


Well these gems were responsible for the removal of one of my teeth!! This chewy/sour bars used to take hours to eat and made you pull some very bizarre faces. They are now half the size of what they used to be and they have tamed down the sour sugary bits on the top..... boooooooooooo!!!

Texan bars!



All I can say about these chewy, chocolatey bars of loveliness is yummmmmmmmy!!! They have recently brought these back but I haven't sampled them as a new version, I don't think I will either because if they are not the same i'll be bummed out all week so I think they are best left as I remember them!

Gold Nuggets


These were little pieces of gold/yellow bubblegum, I can't recall the flavour or even hazzard a guess?? (answers on a postcard).
Some of you may know them as Gold Rush or even Gold Rocks, but they always came in little hessian-type bags - these are the same, They are available now but these days the nuggets have to be enclosed in a sealed bag - not quite the same, but it`s the best you`re going to get!

I could go on forever talking about retro sweets but I thinkI have bored you enough. I do have to give a little shout out to some other sweets I loved and those are Rainbow Drops, Dip Dabs, Space dust or Popping Candy, Candy whistles, Nerds and the good old chewing nuts!!!

Any others feel free to comment and remind me!!

TTFN Mother Flippers xx

No comments:

Post a Comment