Monday 10 September 2012

Toys Toys Toys!!!!!!!

I'm sat here on the couch jotting down some gift ideas for my gorgeous nephew's Christmas presents ( I know it's only September but I really don't want the last minute dash xmas week!!!!!) and my mind wandered to the toys I loved playing with when I was a kid (stop laughing I can remember that far back!). Anyway.....these are some of the toys that envoked some great childhood memories.

I loved playig with the stickle bricks in my nursery, even if I hated the actual nursery, and kicked off in monumental style every day I went...(not like me to be dramatic...*cough*)......sorry mum!!


Fuzzy felt....... the pieces used to get sucked up into the hoover and be lost forever... and i'm pretty sure my mum used fuzzy felt purchases to bribe me into behaving myself (even though I was an angel*cough cough*!!


Lego!!!! Everyone loves lego, i'm actually excited for when I can start buying it for number 1 nephew Luke....... when I say everyone loves Lego of course I meant everyone loves it until you stand on that rogue piece that has hidden itself in the carpet then you hate the stuff that has inflicted the same pain on your foot that staanding on a landmine does!! (see I told you I wasn't at all dramatic).

 
Yes I know this may come to a surprise to people who know me but yes I did like girly stuff once upon a time!!! My first Barbie was the peaches and cream one and I had her four poster bed and her gym!! My Sindy was the one i played with the most but that was only because I could pull her head off to reveal a rather amusing flesh coloured ball. She also got the most haircuts and felt tip pen hair dyes!! I was also lucky to own Sindy's swimming pool but on reflection it was the most out of proportion toy ever because if it was real life all poor Sindy would be able to do would be sit in it paddling pool styley!!
 
I hope this blog has taken you back to when you were a carefree child and relieved some of that adult stress Mondays always bring.
 
I also hope that my nephew loves and remembers his childhood toys with the affection I do!!
 
TTFN Mother Flippers xx
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuzzy felt ends up stuck to my head these days...

    Anyhoo, you've "inspired" me to have a go at this crap too

    http://baldydaddy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete